Did you embed the font and the basic latin chars?

On 4/2/2011 1:02 AM, Creighton, Gerry wrote:
So I’m trying to place  a textField at the end of a title by getting the bounds
of the last character in the title string BUT
This is all dynamic and there is one title that has “ é” as the last
character. Flash doesn’t like this.
How can I get the following code to work in this instance? I’m pulling what’s
left of my hair out.
I tried escaping and unescaping but no go.

<code>
var charI:String = String(_albumTitle.charAt(_albumTitle.length-1));
var charInt:int = _albumTitle.indexOf(charI);

var frame:Rectangle = _albumTF.getCharBoundaries(charInt);

//_releaseDateTF is the textField I’m positioning at the end of the title which
also may wrap to a second line
//so I can’t just get the width of the textField to place my _releaseDateTF

_releaseDateTF.x = (frame.x+frame.width)+4;//get last character position
  _releaseDateTF.y = frame.y+1;//get last character position

</code>

Thanks,

-Gerry