You might be able to adopt my script to do that:

http://www.unfocus.com/2010/06/29/the-bunny-video-eplodes-explodes/

Probably is more manual than you are looking for though.

That script draws everything into a bitmap. You could probably transition that to the new location during the explode/implode.

Kevin N.