If you're wanting to turn the CDATA into XML, I did a quick search for you
which resulted in this link which might be handy...

http://www.actionscript.org/forums/showthread.php3?t=196374

The top of the thread may be good for you too.

  Google Voice: (508) 656-0622
  Twitter: eric_dolecki      XBoxLive: edolecki      PSN: eric_dolecki
  http://blog.ericd.net