Hello Karina,
Yes you can make great apps for iOs in Flash.
For example have a look at this:
http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplatform/2011/09/flash-based-machinarium-game-is-now-1-ipad-app-delivered-using-adobe-air.html

And I have to tell you that I'm really amazed by the performances.
Obviously you can't move 3216532156312768312 animated movieclips on the screen at the same time but the result is pretty good.
And remember, in no time you can deploy it for Android, in no time really!

I have developed a tetris-like game (banned from android market because of its name so I never tried to put it on apple store)
You can see it in action here on iPad, Galaxy Tab and Galaxy S
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFjfNTU4BIE
Although it's a quite simple game, it's not so simple to code and it has animations, musics, sound effects and also it stores data on a sqlite db.
It works great on iPad.