Hello Flash coders,

It's been a little quite here of late… So, hope it's good with with you all. …
I have been trying to figure this out for a day or so, and wondering if you can
help. I am trying to time correct my animation to be independent of framerate,
which is a little easier when dealing with physics (scaling velocity /
position) than non physics animation… In my app physics is time corrected,
however I have some code that is not physics based an am trying to have that
running independently of framerate (and not really succeding).

In the following demo:
http://kurst.co.uk/transfer/timecorrection/TimeCorrection.swf

I have two rects ( green and red ). The green one is being time corrected, and
I would expect it to follow the red one ( as there is no lag in framerate )…
however as you can see - it's not
really working.

Using the following formula to correct it:

var spcTargetPosition : Point = new Point()
spcTargetPosition.x = ( spc.x + ( spc.x + 10 ) ) * speed * spcDir;
spcTargetPosition.y = spc.y;

dt              = 0.001 * (getTimer() - t0);
time    += dt;
t0              = getTimer();

spc.x = spc.x + ( dt * spcTargetPosition.x );

Here is the full code:
http://kurst.co.uk/transfer/timecorrection/TimeCorrection.as
I would love it if you can point out where I am going wrong...

Best regards

Karim Beyrouti

t: +44 (0) 7977 997 629
e: ka...@kurst.co.uk
w: http://kurst.co.uk
skype: karimbeyrouti

109 Timber Yard, Drysdale Street, Hoxton, London, N1 6ND