This is probably a moot point, but being the platform flash is and its ability
to manipulate objects and apply code to the interactions of the objects in an
easy user friendly layout, it would seem that Adobe would look into enabling
flash to pick if it used ActionScript or Javascript or even a jQuery port.
Along with choosing a flash stage or a DOM stage. I for one would relish in the
ability to use flash as a html creator, html5, DHTML or otherwise. Being able
to layout HTML DOM elements the same way as a movieclip, or adding DHTML
timelines inside a DIV and having flash export the files to make it work in
every browser. That would be epic. Its not about the language or the file it
exports, for me, Flash the application is just a superlative website creation
tool. SWF or not.  In the past flash came in and did what HTML could not. Ok,
so you lead the pack for a while and they caught up. So now join the pack and
take it to the next level. That's what Flash is/was about... t!
 he next level. 2ยข

Best,

Karl DeSaulniers
Design Drumm