I've found Dreamweaver to be a good tool for HTML5. when you get JavaScript
under your belt, take a look at JQuery. it will save you a lot of
development time.

Mailing lists are pretty quiet these days. I don't know where the
programmers congregate, but my colleagues in the French Horn world have
moved to a Facebook group.

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson