-----Original Message-----
From: flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com
[mailto:flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com] On Behalf Of James
Merrill
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2013 8:17 AM
To: Flash Coders List

I've been moving to StackOverflow for questions, and Reddit's coding
subreddits for general programming discussion  Here's a URL that bundles a
bunch of good programming subreddits:
http://www.reddit.com/r/webdev+web_design+html+css+programming+learnprogramm
ing+design+ProgrammerHumor+html5

As for an IDE, I would highly discourage you from using Dreamweaver. There
are much better tools that are cheap/free. I am currently using Aptana,
which is Eclipse based and contains tons of helpful features. I am moving
towards using SublimeText as my primary IDE. It's extremely streamlined and
elegant, and I highly suggest checking it out. Adobe has been working on an
IDE called Brackets that looks pretty cool too.

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 11:06 AM, Kerry Thompson
<al...@cyberiantiger.biz>wrote:

> I've found Dreamweaver to be a good tool for HTML5. when you get
> JavaScript under your belt, take a look at JQuery. it will save you a
> lot of development time.
>
> Mailing lists are pretty quiet these days. I don't know where the
> programmers congregate, but my colleagues in the French Horn world
> have moved to a Facebook group.
>
> Cordially,
>
> Kerry Thompson
> On May 23, 2013 9:52 AM, "Bryan Thompson" <br...@swfmagic.com> wrote:
>
> > I know many developers are migrating towards HTML5/CSS/JavaScript.
> > Google reveals a multitude of results for mailing lists.  I hope to
> > take
> advantage
> > of the experience on this list to get some advice on good quality
> > lists like this one.  I also would like recommendations for
> > (Windows) IDE's for JavaScript, or general HTML5 development
> > including all the supporting languages. I have Dreamweaver, but that
> > seems a bit of overkill for a developer.
> >
> > Thanks in advance guys!
> >

> > Bryan Thompson

James Merrill