On 26.05.20 20:27, Stefan Tauner wrote:
> On Tue, 26 May 2020 19:20:47 +0100
> Richard Hughes <hughsi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Have you tried to build flashrom on Debian or Fedora using the
>> built-in makefiles? They're fine for building the software locally on
>> x86, but not much more.
> The makefile is able to build flashrom on about any operating system
> there is (including all BSDs, Windows, AppleOS, Solaris) for all
> architectures (with the right programmers enabled if need be) -
> natively and with cross compilers.
> At least it used to when I stopped maintaining.

AFAIK that is still the case.

AFAICS the classic Makefile has all the features Meson has (even
libflashrom), but not the other way round.

An interesting test case would be to reproducibly build flashrom and
libflashrom with both meson and Makefile, and then check if any
differences arise. Any such difference could then be upgraded to a CI
failure.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel