Hi Mike

i have compile last git source an make a read -test

yesterday have i testet it with old version . this has "Found Unknown flash
chip "SFDP-capablechip" (8192 kB, SPI) on ch341a_spi.
and data was also read out.
then I had to repeat the read process to a new file and check with diff command
that recognized differences.

today with aktual git source "flashrom v1.2-230-gc193fbd"
the unknown Unknown flash chip "SFDP-capablechip" also appears.
but the reading tests showed that no more differences were recognized.

I found a post in another forum:

I've de-soldered chip  XMC QH64AHIG (XM25QH64AHIG)
In attachment you can find dump from flashrom
Also I've found that, this chip is equals to :
XM25QH64AHIG GD25Q64CSIG MX25L6406EN2I-12G EN25QH64A-104HIP W25Q64JVSSIQ
<

an make  test 'flashrom --programmer ch341a_spi -f -c "GD25Q64(B)" -r
XMC_XM25QH64AHIG.bin'
with the same result. flashrom can read chip.
I couldn't write test yet because I have to revise the flash first and remove
all of the China spyware from the firmware.

greetings Winfried

 schrieb Mike Banon