Von: Guillaume Rallon <rallon.guilla...@gmail.com>
Gesendet: Freitag, 11. März 2022 11:27
An: flashrom@flashrom.org
Betreff: [flashrom] Help !

Hello,

 I request your help for a little problem.
I try to unbrick my MSI Gaming 5 Z97 motherboard, using flashrom using a
raspberry Pi 4b vi the JSPI1 port.

I plugged it like this  :

    Hold 0V      o     o    WP 3.3V
                       x     o
                       o     o    GND
          CLK      o     o    CS
       SI-SO      o     o    SO-SI
                       o     o     VCC

The plugin seems to be good as Flashrom detects the chipset as a Winbond
W25Q64.V
The battery of the mother board is removed, no other external current source
plugged.

When I launch the writing sequence everything  goes flawlessly and the problem
appears during the flash verification. I receive this message : Verifying
flash... FAILED at 0x00000014! Expected=0x03, Found=0x02, failed byte count
from 0x00000000-0x007fffff: 0x3d6c96
Your flash chip is in an unknown state.

I tried to put HOLD at 3.3V and let the CMOS battery but it is always the same
message.
Maybe my chipset has an internal defect ? If yes, I think I can buy a new chip
and solder it but it's a brutal solution ;)

I would really be pleased if you could give me at least a clue.

Best regards

Guillaume RALLON

The whole messages are below :

flashrom -p linux_spi:dev=/dev/spidev0.0,spispeed=512 -w
/home/Yogiadmin/flashrom/E7917IMS.190
flashrom v1.2-644-g79e2bd0 on Linux 5.10.92-v8+ (aarch64)
flashrom is free software, get the source code at https://flashrom.org

Using clock_gettime for delay loops (clk_id: 1, resolution: 1ns).
Found Winbond flash chip "W25Q64.V" (8192 kB, SPI) on linux_spi.
Reading old flash chip contents... done.
Erasing and writing flash chip... Erase/write done.
Verifying flash... FAILED at 0x00000014! Expected=0x03, Found=0x02, failed byte
count from 0x00000000-0x007fffff: 0x3d6c96
Your flash chip is in an unknown state.
Please report this to the mailing list at
flashrom@flashrom.org<mailto:flashrom@flashrom.org> or
on IRC (see https://www.flashrom.org/Contact for details), thanks!

--
RALLON Guillaume