Hi,

On 21.03.22 10:11, Anastasia Klimchuk wrote:
> Thank you for the explanations! Really helpful.
>
> I am trying to understand the mechanics.
>
>> This is also why I suggested that we can drop suspicious
>> code from a release branch (i.e. we could branch 1.3.x now
>> and then delete code on that branch without affecting master).
>> Then the freeze might be over really quickly.
>
> This option would mean all the items from the first list are reverted in
> v1.3?

in the most extreme scenario, yes. Please note that I don't consider
everything on that list as a release blocker. Some things just looked
odd and may only need a second look.

> And then they, hopefully, all get fixed to the time of v1.4?
> (correct me if I am wrong)

Hopefully, yes. Not sure what to do if not, I wouldn't like to
repeatedly clean up on release branches. Also, some of the items
look like something we wouldn't even want on master, e.g. known
broken things.

> Then that means on the other end there is an ideal scenario where all the
> items from the first list are fixed (on master) and then v1.3 happens?

Then we would branch 1.3.x from master and v1.3-rc1 happens.

> And also a scenario in between when some of the items are fixed, but not
> all of them?

Pretty much, yes, and I'd hope for this. Better to compromise than to
wait forever ;)

> Which of these scenarios has minimum time to freeze master, and which one
> takes second place? I am asking because I fully agree with you, it seems
> just as you said “a very desperate measure”... so I am worried this may
> create a drama :\

Given that nobody reacted with "let's do it", it seems very unlikely
to me that we will exercise a freeze.

Nico