If it helps, a monthly release seems to be the sweet spot for fwupd,
from a "writing release notes" and "getting fixes into users hands"
point of view. There's no point having a "no regressions" rule as this
is software, and even the most benign of changes can have some unknown
side effect -- it's much better to just make releases "cheap" and do
lots of them. In fwupd the main branch is always "releasable" so if we
have a high-priority fix or security issue we just merge, write
release notes, tag, push outside the usual release cadence.

Richard