On Tue, 18 Oct 2022 at 14:22, Nico Huber <nic...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Regressions can be much more severe though, and with the cur-
> rent development the story might look like: "sorry for the regression!
> you may have to acquire a hot-air soldering station now to fix your PC.

I don't think that's true. The only people using flashrom at scale is
Google, and they're quite certainly testing every flashrom version
with every firmware version with every hardware version before
deploying anything. In the community the only people _really_ using
flashrom are the ones with SPI clips and screws already removed, if
we're being completely honest. Normal people don't use flashrom in
production in any appreciable number.

> Because I've seen it burning out people (including
> myself) when one tries to clean up behind others, I argue against fixing
> bugs that other people introduced.

But flashrom isn't your baby, it's not your responsibility. Advice
yes, being condescending no.

Richard.