Sourabh jain <jainsourabh...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello Toke,
>
> I have tested the latest commit related to timeout (-t  option for fping
> v4.0). It is working fine.

Great!

> I am curious to know is there any specific reason for keeping the
> timeout so large (two times of total execution)?

Because I want the old behaviour, basically; which is to run for the
full duration of the test without giving up on any individual pings.

> Are you sure that it will not affect the tool functionality in case
> the host is unreachable?

If the host is totally unreachable, fping will hang for the full
duration of the test, and eventually be killed by the watchdog timer
that Flent runs to keep track of it...

-Toke