-----Message d'origine-----
De : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] De la part de Doug
Sampson
Envoyé : mardi 3 mai 2005 20:29
À : 'flexbackup-help@lists.sourceforge.net'
Objet : RE: [flexbackup-help] nonrewinding tape - freebsd 5.3

> I had Debian 3.0r1 on this machine in a previous life (using
> '/dev/nst0' as
> the tape device) and when using flexbackup, did not receive
> such messages.
> The Flexbackup documentation says for FreeBSD users to use
> /dev/nsa0 as the
> nonrewinding device.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> ~Doug

More data...

Here's the out of flexbackup -test-tape-drive:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]/bin: flexbackup -test-tape-drive

flexbackup version 1.2.1 (http://flexbackup.sourceforge.net)
/etc/flexbackup.conf syntax OK

|------------------------------------------------------------
| Checking 'buffer' on this machine... Ok
| Checking /bin/sh on this machine... unknown (probably Bourne Shell)
|------------------------------------------------------------
/dev/nsa0: old model was 1 filemark at EOT
/dev/nsa0: new model  is 1 filemark at EOT
|------------------------------------------------------------
|------------------------------------------------------------
|------------------------------------------------------------
| Creating index key 200505031104
|------------------------------------------------------------
/dev/nsa0: hardware block location 1

Writing test file #1
Kilobytes Out 160
/dev/nsa0: hardware block location 17
Writing test file #2
Kilobytes Out 10
/dev/nsa0: hardware block location 18
Writing test file #3
Kilobytes Out 160
/dev/nsa0: hardware block location 34

Rewinding...
Skipping index label...
/dev/nsa0: hardware block location 1

Reading test file #1
Kilobytes Out 160
/dev/nsa0: hardware block location 17
Reading test file #2
Kilobytes Out 10
/dev/nsa0: hardware block location 18
Reading test file #3
Kilobytes Out 160
/dev/nsa0: hardware block location 34

Comparing...
SUCCESS! Tape drive parameters seem to work just fine
[EMAIL PROTECTED]/bin:

I see flexbackup doesn't know which shell I am running. I'm running FreeBSD
5.3. Wonder how I can effectively communicate to flexbackup the shell
version?

[EMAIL PROTECTED]/bin: mt -f /dev/nsa0 status
Mode      Density              Blocksize      bpi      Compression
Current:  0x25:DDS-3           variable       97000    DCLZ
---------available modes---------
0:        0x25:DDS-3           variable       97000    DCLZ
1:        0x25:DDS-3           variable       97000    DCLZ
2:        0x25:DDS-3           variable       97000    DCLZ
3:        0x25:DDS-3           variable       97000    DCLZ
---------------------------------
Current Driver State: at rest.
---------------------------------
File Number: 0  Record Number: 0        Residual Count 0

Also tape drive is identified as:

sa0 at ahc1 bus 0 target 6 lun 0
sa0: <ARCHIVE Python 04106-XXX 743B> Removable Sequential Access SCSI-2
device
sa0: 5.000MB/s transfers (5.000MHz, offset 15)

Umm...?

~Doug

This email may contain information which is privileged or confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender
immediately and delete it without reading, copying, storing, forwarding or
disclosing its contents to any other person
Thank you

Check us out at http://www.bt.com/consulting