One more thing that I noticed is that you're passing "vs" to every child of
the stack? That might also be the cause. Any reason behind that?

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Webster [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2005 8:24 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] ViewStack beheviour

> The nextButton navigates to the next viewstack element. My problem is
> that each component is displayed very slowly.
> It takes about 5 sec. to generate about 20 objects in each component.
>
> How can I reduce this time?

Do a search for creationPolicy in the livedocs; you should be able to defer
or queue the instantiation of your non-visible views in the ViewStack, and
spread the performance hit over time.

Steven

--
Steven Webster
Technical Director

This e-mail and any associated attachments transmitted with it may contain
confidential information and must not be copied, or disclosed, or used by
anyone other than the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended
recipient(s) please destroy this e-mail, and any copies of it, immediately.

Please also note that while software systems have been used to try to ensure
that this e-mail has been swept for viruses, iteration::two do not accept
responsibility for any damage or loss caused in respect of any viruses
transmitted by the e-mail. Please ensure your own checks are carried out
before any attachments are opened.

----
This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by
others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or
authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply
email and delete all copies of this message.

To reply to our email administrator directly, send an email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Littler Mendelson, P.C.
http://www.littler.com