I am writing a Flex proof of concept app that accesses
existing Java programs on the back end. When we did
our Flash app, the developers wrote the flash code on
their local machines and when testing made their calls
to the remote java server without deploying any flash
code.

I am having trouble getting this scenario setup with
Flex. Does anyone know how to set this up so that it
is possible (mxml files on local pc, remainder of Flex
on remote Java Server)?

Thanks,
Libby