I dont see where one of our developers posted this, but we have an
extra bizzare error we are encountering when we databind text boxes
to webservice arguments that call a remote CFC method.

since only 25% of you according to the poll use CF for the data
layer, the background that is helpful is that the CFC web services
require all parameteres to be passed or you get an error.

these are the use cases we tested and the results.

you leave the parameter blank ie <wsargument></wsargument>.. Flex
submits a soap call with the field.

you bind the parameter to a textbox
<wsargument>textbox.text</wsargument> and DONT enter anything...
flex omits the field and the call fails with a required argument not
passed.

you bind the parameter to a textbox
<wsargument>textbox.text</wsargument> and enter anything... Flex
submits a soap call with the field.

you bind the parameter to a textbox
<wsargument>textbox.text</wsargument> and enter anything, then
delete what you typed... Flex submits a soap call with the field.

then it gets wierder... to get around the "undefined, not submitting
issue" we tried to do a conditional assignment..
ie..
   <wsargument>{textbox.text == undefined ? `': textbox.text}
</wsargument>

now when we leave the box alone and submit, the value is undefined
and the argument is set to '', which does not get sent in the SOAP
call.

however..
   <wsargument>{textbox.text == undefined ? `ANYTHING': textbox.text}
</wsargument>

do the same thing, leave the box untouched and submit, NOW the field
IS DEFINED, and the value is set to it presumably an empty string
and not a null. and the SOAP call now includes the field in the
arugments list.

EXTRA WEIRD.. Does this sound like a bug to everyone else too?

Also Kudos to Rick Law and Jason Doyle for working all of this out.