A lot of stuff here, so let me hit the highlights.

Scott, and dozens more of you, we love the fact that you love Flex. We have
tens of thousands of hours of development time into this product and it's a
wonderful validation of our work that you love it. And don't think we take
that lightly. Working directly with all of you is the only way we got Flex
to the loving shape its in. We will continue to work with you. Continue to
listen to every word you write. We may not respond to every message (we
don't) and we may not react as fast as you would like, but you will see us
react.

Enough preamble, though it is all true.

I read a couple of things here. On the OEM discussion. Our OEM licensing is
very open and flexible. We really do recognize that companies are in all
different sizes and places in their development. We want to get paid for the
value OEMs will get from using our software, but sometimes we can't get paid
until you do. This is exactly why I keep saying where you have a compelling
model and there's something in it for everyone, let's talk. You'd be
surprised to see the breadth of deals we do in that fashion, some would even
work for your brilliant idea that didn't fly.

To the broad discussion of transparency. We hear you. And others out there
asking for the same thing. There are a few reasons to be concerned about
giving away lots of details: US public company regulations, competition,
rampant expectations, etc. But all of those are workable, of course. Over
the coming months, I hope we can respond to your needs here with lots more
openness. Over the past 6 months, you've seen more from Macromedia than in
the past. You saw live demos of the Flash Player 8 a long time before its to
be shipped which included feature descriptions, etc. While we'll never show
everything, of course, we have more work to do and have lagged with Flex on
this, admittedly, but we hope to make up for that over the next six months.
Valid criticism.  I appreciate that your mail gives us some broad directions
to make sure we have covered. We'll be asking a LOT of people in the next
few months what you need to know.

I hope this helps you feel better about the immediate. For the long term,
the only way to make you more comfortable is if our actions meet my words
and your requests.

Lucian