If you have FLASH MX 2004 (std/pro) I'd recommend using it more so, as
its pretty darn good and imho better than FLEX Builders.

what you do is this:

1) Make sure Flash Debug Player is installed as your player in internet explorer
2) Leave FMX 2004 open, as in start it but don't both creating a new
fla just leave it at the splash screen (ie why increase more RAM.
3) Turn debugging on via your flex-config / provide the debug attribute.
4) Run the mxml application.

The FMX2004 should over-ride FLEX builder's (mine does) and you view
the Debug via flash (ie make sure you have them checked under
"Development Panels" in the window menu.

What this has is:

- ability to see trace messages via its output window
- ability to see the entire object "DOM" in a much quicker way
- ability to see all original code in its pre-compile state (ie if you
want to view the default code within Flex  - eg mx.containers.Panel
then you can do so via this.
- ability to see call stacks, watches etc.

I've found it to be a dream setup actually and those who aren't fussed
in terms of IDE, then i recommend PrimalScript.

my setup is like this:

- flex standalone server
- coldfusion 7 dev server
- primalscript for editing
- flash mx 2004 pro
- Internet explorer

when developing, approx 500mb ram is taken to run all of these apps.

On 4/21/05, Feng Zhu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Any ideas?
>
> I think I missed something
>

> Best Regards!
>
> Zhu Feng