yes. we're going to plan to stub it in as a constants until 2.0 is
released. However, I'm still having display problems. From the
gateway debug, I can see that my MainPOJO and all of it's nested
objects have data, yet it displays nothing in it's cell when I try
to access it directly or via the labelFunc. I can see in the
debugger that the item has the data. Really weird why it will not
display. I removed the registered AS classes to let Flex handle the
serialization and instantion on it's own, but still no data.

Both of these DG calls render an empty cell.

<mx:DataGridColumn columnName="siblingObject.myValue"
headerText="myV" />

<mx:DataGridColumn headerText="C#" labelFunction="myLabelFunc" />

which calls this method......

function myLabelFunc(item) : String
{
   return item.getSiblingObject().getMyValue();
}

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Farland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Unfortunately we did not remove statics from the Java Bean
serialization
> rules of RemoteObject in Flex 1.5. It's a known issue and will be
fixed
> going forward. As a work around for now would it be possible to
move the
> static final to another context? Such as a class called
StaticConstants?