I seem to recall seeing this issue discussed, but can't find it right
now...

I want to display properties of a sub-object of an object in my
dataProvider as a column in my AdvancedDataGrid. The data is hierarchical.

Something like (not the actual code):

public class House{
  public function House(){}
  public var rooms:ArrayCollection=new ArrayCollection /*contains
names of rooms*/
  public var data:HouseStats
}

public class HouseStats{
  public function HouseStats(){}
  public var squareFeet:int
  public var address:String
}

I want to use an ArrayCollection containing objects of type House for
the adg, (and use rooms as the childrenField).  Primarily, I want to
have columns for the data.squareFeet and data.address fields.

I realize I could include these properties as part of the House
object, but it's more complicated and I have reasons for wanting to
keep things seperate.