Just an update... your technique of importing fl.video.FLVPlayback, VideoPlayer
(and many others so compiler errors would not result) did not work. No line
numbers were forthcoming from the compiler. Looking at the profiler and the
debugger variables was no help in identifying a possible culprit.

What finally solved the problem, after many hours of hacking through fl.video
source code, was simply copying FLVPlaybackAS3.swc into the /libs folder to
complement FLVpb.swc. Somehow that SWC overwrote the problem inherent in the
FLVPlayback compiled from Flash into FLVpb.swc. Very strange.

Joseph Balderson, Flash Platform Developer | http://joeflash.ca