I found the problem... The Button class has a default click handler
that does this...

if (toggle)
        {
            setSelected(!selected);
            event.updateAfterEvent();
        }

So after the binding set the selected property to false, this handler
would set it back to true again.

In my progressive player, I had my own click handler on the button so
it prevented that problem.  In my streaming player, I was using the
button down event so it was not preventing that default behavior.