The biggest hurdle with creating a Flex forum is that the PHP forums
are fantastic, dominant, established, popular, they run on any OS,
come with many Web hosting packages, and some of the best ones are
free. Anything done in Flex is going to have to complete with the PHP
offerings and it would be challenging to justify the investment.

I also agree with what Doug M. and Mike S. wrote.

-Mike Chabot