I had a meeting with ( forgot his name ) from Adobe and he gave me the scoop.

You will not be able to determine ( legally ) if and when your .swf is being indexed. You can't even get a report on how successful / unsuccessful the spider was in crawling your .swf

There are no 'best practices' just don't try to 'cheat'. Apparently, Adobe and the other search providers have developed methods ( both separately and together ) to 'punish' those who spam their content.

My opinion of the whole thing....

It's a Joke, don't waste your time. Remember that community effort to get ( i think it was ) "Flexalicious" to pop up in google. Well it failed nicely.

Alan