Yes, thanks Doug, Josh, Tracy...I did get that working.

On 16/10/2008, at 11:21 AM, Doug McCune wrote:

Create a custom component that extends UIComponent that you will use to hold all your Sprites. Then you can use addChild to add the Sprites to that component. And since your custom holder component extends UIComponent you can add that to whatever Container class you've got in your app.

Doug

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 5:16 PM, Guy Morton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Which gets me back to where I started... :-/

On 16/10/2008, at 11:26 AM, Tracy Spratt wrote:

Container children must be UIComponents. You will need to add the sprites to a UIComponent first.

Tracy

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Guy Morton
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 8:01 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Efficiency and objects in the display list

Hi Doug

Yes, I tried using Sprite but it seems I can't add a sprite-based component to my other containers...I guess because they are UIComponent based? Do Sprites in flex have to be added to the display list directly? I'm having a look at the docs but it's a little confusing as they generally discuss Sprite in terms of Flash rather than Flex.

Guy