Hi Anuj, i would go for Paul's recommendation with some small variations:

1) if the application is single user, the you do not need to poll,
you can insert the data directly in your data source as at any given point
you know that new nodes
are added to the database.

For example: You do some sort of backend call to insert new staff in the db
and in the response handle
you update the tree data source manually via addChild or similar (depending
on xml array collection and so on).

2) if your application is multiuser, i would go for 1) and at the same time
poll the db with a timestamp or
last id, so you ask only for new data (insertions or deletions) and then
manually update your datasource...

It might be slightly more complicated but you have far far less wire
communications, db and backend processing and so on...

Fotis

--
Fotis Chatzinikos, Ph.D.
Founder,