No, I do not.  Few, if any of my business clients do either.

Tracy

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of James Douma
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2008 3:55 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Do you use a Mac?

I've been using a MacBook Pro for some time now. I agree with Matt on
all counts. I got one cuz you can run Windows + OS/X on it which is
useful for testing.

I have to say I still don't get why people rave about them. It's just a
computer. Its shiney and pretty and there are some features which are
sorta nice (backlit keyboard,etc)  but nothing earth-shattering.
Usability-wise I find it requires more from the user than Windows. It
seems to be a Apple pattern to hide things from the user (I guess to
reduce complexity of UI and hide dangerous functionality).

I really feel like I'm missing something ... like there's some yet
undiscovered gems ... that have escaped my view. All my attempts to
seriously explore why its so great by asking other Mac users have
failed. It's almost as if the computer you use defines who you are as a
person ... so anything thats exposed as a short-coming in the Mac is
received as a personal attack. I don't know ... its very confusing to me
why anyone would care that much one way or another.

Generally speaking I find all Actionscript/Flex develop to be much less
problematic (and often runs faster) in my VMWare Windows installation
than natively on the Mac.

 Thats my 2 cents

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 12:31 PM, Brendan Meutzner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]