Heh, you don't want to consider yourself being a housewife in
computers? :)) But you said that your friends selected MacOs because
"it's got unix under the hood, looks great".... That's the
professional choice, I'll tell you!

Actually, I don't think that is wrong - computers should be easy to
use.  I presume that you don't know how do injectors work in your
car's engine. Neither do I.  And this is good. But if you are a
mechanic and you want to work on Apple's car you will find that
everything consists of a roseish/shiny plastic things which don't
allow hammering/screwing and other actions. But their conform with
every National Standard.

PS And I'll leave your comment regarding my experience in maintaining
Leopard out of scope.

Cheers,
Dmitri.