Hi Matthew,

I know, I know, it will be only one post in this thread :)

We have a mix of Windows & Mac machines. The time I spent setting up
things/ fixing problems is 1:10.
WinXP is a stable system. I don't like MS. I don't like Windows, but I
can't just say that "it does not work", as it would be a lie. It
simply works. (I remind you, that I am not talking about bloody Vista)

On the contrary, MacOs - is a weirdo in terms of control. We have to
install Postgres/Apache/PHP for work and this is a crappiest part of
the work. I don't have problems with Win/FreeBSD/Linux. But I DO have
problems with MacOs. It just irritates me - it knows better then me
what to do. If some people are fine with this idea - it's their
choice, at least that's how army forces work. I prefer to choose what
I want and the way I want.

Oh, MacOs... Every time it updates itself, it destroys any other
installations of Apache. WTF? It is too smart, there can't be multiple
installations of Apache.
Oh, and this sweet, sweet keyboard layout... I thought that the worst
thing ever happened to me was vi, but I was so wrong. I got used to
vi, but not to MacOs keyboard.

For those Mac evangelists who are still not convinced I suggest a
simple test - setup an external to Airport SSH connection to their
beloved Macs. If they still call it "simply works" I will eat my hat.
But as far as I know Mac adepts usually answer either:
a) we don't need it
b) why do you need it anyway?

NB: Apple Army Forces, eh? :)

So, there are so many tiny little things in MacOS that are wrong for
me, so I just can't use. Of course it is a great thing for people who
 just do Illustrator -> Flash -> Flex (Safari+Mail in the middle) ->
PS. But as as soon as you need anything different - you are on a thin ice.

Still, I sincerely respect the design side of Apple.

So, do I support Mac? Yes!
Will I use it for development? Hell, NO!
Will I suggest it for design work? Sure!

Cheers,
Dmitri.