I've never tried to extract and save the contents of an audio or video
file to a database, so I'm not sure what the procedure would be.  When
I had to do something like this in the past I just saved the file to
the server and stored the URL in the database.

Like Jim suggested, Peter Elst's blog may be a good place to look if
you want to go that route.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "markflex2007" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/help.html?content=data_access_4.html