What I like to do is handle all the backend transactions first and make sure
they work. So in your CFC you would have the functions that talk to the
database to see if the user's supplied credentials are valid. It could
return a boolean or what ever else you need, maybe a list of roles for the
user. Make a cfml test page to test those functions. Typically my test pages
use CreateObject to instantiate the same CFC that the Flex RemoteObject
function will invoke. That way you can isolate any backend issues without
any frontend complexity. Once you've got your backend CFC working, then hook
in the Flex screen with the RemoteObject.