Okay. So, okay. Here I am again. I just got a stripped down version of
my code working on Gumbo but not sdk 3.2. In the following code, the
Button instance maintains its interactivity (hover, tooltip, gets
click event). If the same code gets complied to sdk 3.2, the Button
looses hover/tooltip and doesn't take the click event)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"; layout="absolute"
width="800" height="600" creationComplete="initApp();">
        <Script>
                <![CDATA[
                        import mx.controls.Button;
                        import flash.geom.PerspectiveProjection;

                        private function initApp():void
                        {
                                var btn:Button = new Button();
                                btn.label = "hello world";
                                btn.toolTip = "This is the secret ninja!";
                                btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK,
function(event:MouseEvent):void{trace(Button(event.currentTarget).label+"
is clicked!");});
                                homeBx.addChild(btn);
                                setPPCenter(0, 0);
                        }
                        private function setPPCenter(x:Number, y:Number):void
                        {
                                var pp:PerspectiveProjection = new
PerspectiveProjection();
                                pp.projectionCenter = new Point(x, y);
                                homeBx.transform.perspectiveProjection = pp;
                        }
                ]]>
        </Script>

        <Canvas id="homeBx" x="400" y="300" z="0" clipContent="false"/>

</Application>