Hmmm, this is the way I have done it - but my event handler is not firing.

I am dispatching my DynamicEvent from a Cairngorm command - in the
execute method I have:

var evt:DynamicEvent = new DynamicEvent("initCompleted");
dispatchEvent(evt);

in my module's creationComplete handler I have this code:

this.addEventListener("initCompleted",initCompletedHandler);

Then in the module's script block I have the event handler

private function initCompletedHandler(event:DynamicEvent):void{
}

This handler never gets hit.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Nate Beck" <n...@...> wrote:

> It's exactly the same as a standard Event.  As you can see in the
Language

(http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/help.html?content=createevents_1.html#110674).