Thanks Nate,

Tried that but it still doesn't work.  I'm basically trying to
dispatch a dynamicEvent from a Cairngorm event and then trying to get
a module to listen for that event.  I don't want this event to be a
CiarngormEvent to be handled by the FrontController and the Command
object.  In other words, I want the module that originally dispatched
the CairngormEvent to handle the DynamicEvent that gets raised by the
CairngormCommand.

I just can't seem to get this to work.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Nate Beck" <n...@...> wrote:

> Events don't bubble by default.
> So if you're depending on the Cairngorm Front Controller to pick
them up,
> and the object dispatching the event isn't directly below the
Application,
> you need to enable event bubbling.
>
> new DynamicEvent("myType", true);
>
> Cheers,
> Nate
>
> On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 11:48 AM, flexcoder2008 <djohnso...@...>wrote:
>
> >   Well, I want to dispatch the dynamicEvent from the actionscript
class
> > (which is a Cairngorm command) and I want my module to listen for that
> > event.
> >
> > Since the module event handler code is not being hit, I thought I
> > might need to register this event with the compiler (perhaps my
> > terminology is wrong - sorry). I know that when using a component,
> > you use the [Event] metadata tag to announce that the component
> > dispatches a particular event. I thought that I might have to do the
> > same thing with an actionscript class.
> >
> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>,
> > "kylewburke" <monkeys@> wrote:
> > >
> > > What do you mean by "register"? Do you want to listen for that event
> > > or dispatch one?
> > >
> > > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>,

dynamicEvent, what