> I can't help but think that you're getting mixed up between the
difference
> in concept between the class of an event and the event name.
>
> Event handlers respond to specific event instances by name and not
class.

Paul,

I think you are right. Since Event is represented by object, I thought
you could create event handlers in polymorphic manner, just like when
handling errors, when you write catch(e:MyErrorClass). Such catch
would also handle MyChildErrorClass error. It seems that this does not
work with eventsÂ….
I guess the alternative is using custom dispatcher.
Thanks!