Wesley is correct - This is a Java question.

You already have the BlazeDS part set up and working. All you need to
do is change the database access in Java.

I would suggest following the tutorial Wesley provided and then apply
the knowledge gained to your project.

>From what I can see this entails adding the driver for the MySQL
connection; removing the flex.samples.ConnectionHelper stuff and
adding the dbHandler handler class from the tutorial.