I'm struggling to find an elegant solution to this problem:

I have a Flex app that has a dynamic context (right-click) menu.

The menu contains different items depending on whether various objects are
selected.

Ideally, I'd like to re-generate the menu options right when the user
right-clicks, but I haven't found a reasonable way to do this.

So instead I'm re-generating the menus every time the user (left) clicks, which
is kind of expensive and is having unwanted side-effects.

Unfortunately, MouseEvent.RIGHT_CLICK is AIR-only.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

- Michael