From: Gregor Kiddie <gkid...@inpses.co.uk>
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 5:22:20 AM
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] dynamic context menu problem

The solution I put in place for a similar
problem…
Add some javascript to eat the right click
event (so the default menu isn’t shown), and have it dispatch an event to
the application.
The application then dispatches a “RIGHT_CLICK”
event having it bubble.
Any UI component listening for that event
captures is and prevents it from bubbling further (You want to let it get to
the topmost point in the display list, and catch it on the way back down).
That UI component opens up the menu you’ve
set up for it.

Gk.
Gregor Kiddie
Senior Developer
INPS
Tel:       01382
564343
Registered address: The Bread Factory, 1a Broughton Street, LondonSW8 3QJ
Registered Number: 1788577
Registered in the UK
Visit our Internet Web site at www.inps.co. uk
The information in this internet email is confidential and
is intended solely for the addressee. Access, copying or re-use of information
in it by anyone else is not authorised. Any views or opinions presented are
solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of INPS or
any of its affiliates. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
is.helpdesk@ inps.co.uk