UIComponent doesn't have any code for drawing background images. If you want
a background image without the overhead of using a Container such as Box,
you'll have to build a subclass of UIComponent that does. Or simply add an
Image as the first child of your UIComponent. Are you extending UIComponent,
or just instantiating them because you want someplace to put an image?

-Josh

--
"Therefore, send not to know For whom the bell tolls. It tolls for thee."

Josh 'G-Funk' McDonald
  -  j...@joshmcdonald.info
  -  http://twitter.com/sophistifunk
  -  http://flex.joshmcdonald.info/