Hi everybody,

I am trying to solve the problem when my application consumes a lot of
memory.
When application starts in the browser, Windows/Mac reports the size
of browser process around 150Mb.
Then, if you start opening/closing the same popup window (which is
actually being cached by application), the browser starts to grow.
Each appearance of popup consumes around 1.5Mb [sic!] (the consumer is
childConstraintInfo, around 256 instances)
When you close the pop up, memory sometimes goes down, but never to
the original value. Never ever. At least 100-200kb more at a time.

OK, when I use a profiler, it shows that application consumes 42Mb.
Profiler shows no leaks, even if the number of instances are growing,
when I click on GarbageCollector icon it always goes to the original
figures, including childConstraintInfo instances. Total Memory stays
at 42Mb mark. Good.
But the problem is that browser's footprint is still growing. After a
couple of hours of work with application it grows to 500-600Mb.

In profiler everything looks perfect. In reality - 600Mb app on 1Gb
system makes it dead.

The question is, what makes browser to be so memory hungry? Why it
consumes more & more memory without any attempt to release it?

The simplest action with panel instance addPopUp/removePopUp consumes
1.5Mb of memory - I don't believe it. Well, the panels has 3 states
and complex layout with ~100 elements. But what makes it so different
to the "Hello, World" popup, which seems to be right?

Thank you for any thought in advance.

Regards,
Dmitri.