Hi Ryan,

I tested it on IE7, Chrome, Firefox3, Safari (Mac). They all perform
in consistent manner, Safari is less greedy, IE & FF are the most
hungry ones.

But as I said before, I can't see this footprint shrink when I
minimise browsers. I even set this secret variable for FF -
trim_on_minimise - no effect.  How come?

Cheers,
Dmitri.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Ryan Graham" <ryan.gra...@...> wrote:

> Is this in all browsers? I know IE 6 (maybe even 7?) has issues with
> memory management. I consistently see memory leak-like behavior with IE
> 6, for example:
>

> Start debug session for basic app - IE reports 60+ MB memory usage with
> a value that steadily climbs as I use the app.
>
> Minimize the browser, then bring it back to view - IE memory usage drops
> to ~13 MB.
>
> Use the app for a few more minutes, memory footprint grows in size a few
> MB.
>
> Minimize, then restore - IE footprint back down to ~13 MB or so.
>

> I don't see the same behavior in FF, which is good. The issue might be
> with memory management within that particular browser, and not the Flash
> Player.
>

> HTH,
>
> Ryan

error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system.