From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Dan
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2009 11:35 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Is there any difference between BigDecimal in LCDS and FDS

Hi Flexcoders,

The conversion from Number to BigDecimal in FDS and LCDS seems to be
difference.

In FDS, if VOs mapping is Number to BigDecimal, seems the value is
first convert to Java Double, and then a casting of Double to
BigDecimal, which may cause inaccurate result.

However in LCDS, the value is convert to String and then Cast to
BigDecimal. I am not 100% sure, but the BlazeDS seems doing that, does
the LCDS do the same? Anyone has any idea?

Moreover, is there any class in Flex 3 or even 4 that is similar
BigDecimal which is so essential for finanical application?

Rgds
Daniel

<<inline: image001.jpg>>

<<inline: image002.jpg>>