Hi all, I am building a chat client with Flex and AIR and I was wondering if it
was possible to
let the application register a custom URI scheme on the host OS like the Skype
client does
with:
  callto:<nickname>?call for text chat
and
 callto:<nickname>?chat for audio/video chat
so that I can build a web page or mail signature using those and automatically
trigger the
start of my AIR application executing a specific function like the text or
audio/video chat in
this case.

All the documentation I've found on the Adobe web site only talks about file
extensions
associations, but not URI schemes, so my guess is that this feature is
currently not
supported.
Should I file it as an enhancement request, is it correct to use the Flash
Player Jira also for requests for AIR?
  http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP

Thanks for any insight,
  Marcello