Um, I think you just need to think about this a little differently.

It's a percent value, so by definition it can only be 0-100.

If you want a child component to be half the width of it's parent container,
then you set
the child component's width to be 50%... just like you would do in HTML.

If that's not making sense, post some sample code and perhaps I or someone else
can
show you how to restructure it to use percent widths/heights.

Sunil