parentCanvas.percentHeight = 100;

var childCanvas:Canvas = new Canvas();
childCanvas.percentWidth = 100;
childCanvas.percentHeight = 100;

var childText:Text = new Text();
childText.percentWidth = 100;

parentCanvas.addChild(childCanvas);
parentCanvas.addChild(childText);

Let the childCanvas be 100% of the height of it's parent.  The parent container
will know to
leave enough room for childText.  I'm not explaining this very well, but the
above code
should do what you're looking for.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, - - <sailorse...@...> wrote:

> Hi Sunil, this is what I'm trying to replicate in actionscript:
> <mx:Canvasid="parentCanvas" width="100%" height="100%">
<mx:Canvasid="childCanvas" width="{parentCanvas.width}"
height="{parentCanvas.height-childText.height}"/></mx:Canvas>
> In MXML this layout is DYNAMIC, meaning if I resize my window, all my
> components are
also resized...