This may be of interest :

http://flexibleexperiments.wordpress.com/2007/02/26/flex-201-tree-with-s
pring-loaded-folders-update-2/

-----Original Message-----
From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Alan Rother
Sent: 09 March 2009 21:54
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Flex 3 Tree - Moving Nodes

Good to know Alex,

I'm still a little (ok, a lot) green can you point me at a good tutorial
/ example to start from?

=]
On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 2:48 PM, Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com
<mailto:aha...@adobe.com> > wrote:
There might be a way to use a custom ITreeDataDescriptor to turn every
child into a "branch".  Open but empty folders have a middle drop zone
for dropping "into".

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Developer
Adobe Systems Inc. <http://www.adobe.com/>