It make sense what you asked,
Yes it looks good, with hierarchy, when I eliminate the Itemrenderer call, my
data structure is as in the example:
http://inovativeflexdevolopment.blogspot.com/2008/07/flex3-dynamic-population-of\-data-in.html

I am building a flat data (a list of rows) with parentId and type
(child/parent) in my java server using blazeds i send it by RemoteObject to the
Flex app.
Then I use;
ohd = new ObjectHierarchicalData(rows);
adg.dataProvider = ohd;

If I dont use the Itemrenderer the Treegrid looks good with all data and
correct hierarchy,

Please advise if you need some thing else,

Thanks for your time :)